PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Position: Teen CONTACT Program Intern
Salary: $2,750 over 8 weeks
Location: North Dallas
About CONTACT: Every day we serve people, from teens to seniors, facing daily life challenges. Through 24-hour free confidential listening, comfort, and a connection to resources, education, and emergency assistance, we give people the ability to take back control of their lives. www.contactcrisisline.org
Job Summary: The Teen CONTACT Program Intern is a part-time summer intern responsible for planning and facilitating our sync. (high school) leadership conference, facilitation in the weekly Peer Support Groups, presenting mental health education to local schools and agencies and administrative data entry for our Suicide Prevention Toolkit. The Teen CONTACT Program Intern will also participate in orientation and basic training of CONTACT”s crisis intervention model provided to understand the role of the crisis line specialist and their use of mental health referrals.
- Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate college student who will be returning to college in Fall 2013
- Internship can be completed in any 8-week period between May 21 and August 31, 2013 (35 hours per week)
- Computer proficiency, strong customer service skills and attention to detail required
- Students with immediate family employed by ExxonMobil are not eligible
- Ideal candidate will have career goals in the mental health field, be self-motivated and have a keen interest in expanding their knowledge of the continuum of care for mental health in the Dallas area.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and minimum of two references to email@example.com Deadline is March 30, 2013
Internship made possible through the generosity of ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program